Whether it’s a work situation, romantic relationship, family dynamic, friendship, or indeed a mixture of all of these, recovering from narcissistic abuse is often a make or break situation. It requires us to re-evaluate our values and priorities and how we relate to and interact with others. I liken it to being reborn again.
It can feel terrifying to let go of old coping and survival strategies. These strategies may have helped us at one time, but we now see that they are causing us pain in our lives. It can also be a lonely and isolating time as we let go of people and places that no longer feel healthy to keep in our lives.
Whether you are in the process of escaping from, or have already left an abusive situation, my aim is to be by your side to support you in coming to new realisations and making changes in your life. I believe it is really important for each of us to learn to trust and believe in ourselves and to tune into and listen to what our bodies are telling us.
These are some of the changes I have experienced through recovering from narcissistic abuse:
- A realisation that being a people pleaser was destroying me.
- Learning that people treat me how I treat myself, not how I treat them.
- Learning that taking care of myself is self-responsibility, not selfish. The best way I can serve others is to help myself first.
- Understanding that I do not have to strive to be perfect to be safe or to be happy.
- Life is a gift. It is not right that I should go through life fearing punishment for every small imperfection.
- Through learning to love myself I am then able to experience joyful feelings of love towards others.
- My life thus far had been dictated by rules that has been programmed into my subconscious during childhood.
The Feeling is Healing ethos is that these changes cannot take place simply through the power of our minds. We heal and become our true authentic selves by getting in touch with the wisdom and sensations that are present in our bodies. We are more powerful than we realise. We have all that we need to heal within us. It may just have been suppressed as a result of being stuck in abusive relationships over a prolonged period of time.
I offer coaching packages of six sessions, carried out in person, over the phone or via Skype / Zoom, according to your preference. Sessions can be weekly or bi-weekly, according to your needs. This allows us to focus on a core issue that you are working through and gives you the chance to cement new beliefs and behaviours. One off and ad hoc sessions can also be booked on request.
I offer a free 30 minute consultation to check if we are a good fit. Please click on my calendar to select a suitable day and time. If the days and times listed are not suitable, please contact me. Once you have booked your 30 minute session, I will email you a questionnaire. Please email this back to me prior to the session so that we can make the most of the time we have together.
You can also sign up to my email list in the box below. I will then be able to keep you updated with any special offers that I run.